Friday, January 1, 2010

Realizations

I cannot believe it is already 2010...I realize everyone says that, but it's my blog and I'll say what I want!


At first glance the past 37 years haven't amounted to much.  But then memories and thoughts come to mind  showing that not to be true.  I have made it through some difficult times and feel that I am better because of those trials.  Divorce is something I never imagined, but it did indeed find its way into the story of my life.  Though at that time I did think life was over, I now know that because of the struggle to pull through I have become a stronger and more confident person.  I can remember mowing the lawn... all by myself...for the first time, purchasing a car, getting the tags, selling a house, and purchasing a new one.  Talk about empowering.  I found that I could provide all Houston needed, not only in a materialistic manner, but also emotionally.  Houston and I are close...we talk about everything...we laugh  A LOT...and we say I Love You all the time.  What more could I ask for?  I am in my 15th year of teaching.  Accomplishment.  I have been able to reach a few students and hopefully have made a little bit of a difference in their lives.  How can I possibly look back upon the past 37 years and think I have done nothing?  It is time to celebrate the everyday victories.  It is time to value ME. 
I plan to have a spectacular 2010.  Who knows, maybe Houston and I will be even stronger and happier at this time in 2011.  All it takes is knowing our purpose and keeping our eyes on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment